Monday, February 6, 2017

SPINNING FINALLY!

It has been 2 years since I have spun.  Not my best or finest work - but I'm glad to be back on the wheel.  This was 4 oz of Hedgehog Fibre made of wool/silk blend.  Turned into 214 yards of worsted weight yarn.  Zooey wants a hat - I think I might make her one :)

Now what to spin next???

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

FO Infant Hat


Project Details:
Started on January 16 and finished on the 18th.  Fun and fast pixie hat!

Monday, January 16, 2017

FO Renfrew Hat


Project Details: I tested out a new yarn that I've never used before.  SoftYak DK from Rowan.  Feels great, but I'll be interested to see how it wears.   This is for a hat swap buddy and I hope she likes it.  The pattern in Renfrew.  Fast and easy knit - I did add 4 extra stitches to try and get the correct size.  Started on January 6th and finished on January 16th.   The hat is knit inside out and then flipped at the end (which means you are knitting not purling the whole thing)!

Saturday, December 24, 2016

FO Gretta Hat - FINAL HOLIDAY GIFT!

Project Details:
Final holiday project for my buddy Becca.  100% Cashmere kit called Gretta.  Started on December 15th and finished on December 22nd.  The kit was easy and came out so pretty!  I hope Becca loves it.  Final project for the year.

Thursday, December 15, 2016

FO BatGirl Hat


Project Details:
Started on December 12th and finished on December 15th.  Super fast.  I used Aran weight yarn and held two strands together.  The pattern was free on Ravelry.  I found that for the gauge I needed more stitches and I didn't knit it to 40cm.  I thought that would be too long.  Only used 212 yards of purple yarn (turns out batgirl loves purple)!

Monday, December 5, 2016

FO Holiday Ornament & Progress

Our local knitting group is having lunch out and an ornament exchange.  I've created this little holiday gnome.  I'm thinking about making a few more for Zooey's teachers at school.  They are pretty fun to make.




In other news I've decided to take my 36 pages of Ravelry Queue and clean it up.  Sort out stuff that I just added because of a flight of fancy and instead put stuff that is matched up with yarn and ready to knit.  Or stuff I know for sure I plan to knit in the near future.  This has been taking me a week or so of 30 minutes here and there to clean.   Currently down to 34 pages and making progress. 

Saturday, December 3, 2016

FO York Mittens


Project Details:  A girlfriend of mine wanted mittens that convert to fingerless mittens.  I've never made a pair before and I decided to do this pattern with 230 yards of handspun yarn.  I started on November 26th and finished on December 3rd.   It really was a fast knit once I started focusing on it.  This is one of the last holiday gifts that I need to do.