Weeks 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26

Yep.  I have totally slacked on updates.  I’ve been actively working down my year of project stuff.  But it has been a hot minute since I posted.  Let’s cover the good.
I finished a few things.  A sweater (Sylvia) that has been on the needles for a year.  Roving that has been sitting for a year and the Hitchhikers shawl that was part of my planned year of project work.  
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1uoUk_3Z-ZlPF8ndDN77M3hyg5maemmmChttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1oRr0fpGBM3W682HwwOBxKkRU8fcOFkzDhttps://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=1apu3f6GtzmQYDUXab-acw926ZcAD60sd

Now for the bad.  I have two projects on my year of project list that just aren’t speaking to me.  One is a pair of mittens on fingering weigh and the other is fingerless mitts (which the pattern is just painful).  

In the new year I plan to assess what is working and what I’m hating and focus on the things I enjoy.  Life is too short to work on projects we hate!

On my list for yop I still have 3 official projects to complete.  I might swap the sweater pattern.  The plan for the week is coming together!

Comments

  1. Your sweater is really cute and looks great on you. The nice thing about your "list" is it is yours to change as you see fit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your sweater is lovely and so cute on you. I did a hitchhiker years ago and enjoyed it but I gave it as a gift. I should make another one as it was enjoyable. Yours is very pretty in that yarn. You are so right to make what speaks to you and not waste time on the rest. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your sweater looks great! Your hitchhiker reminds me that I have one sitting in my closet that I need to make a decision on. The yarn on your hitchhiker has great colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your sweater is terrific, really pretty. I also love the colors of your shawl yarn. For me, my plan is more goals than specifics. I rarely knit everything I put on the plan at the beginning of the year. I change my mind on what sweaters I want to knit or what sock patterns I want to knit. It's more about the goals - knit a pair of socks a month, try a pattern from a new designer, etc. Either way I refuse to let my beginning of the year plan completely control what I'll do for the year. That's half the fun plus learning about what I ended up knitting and why I made changes.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sweater is stunning! Agreed, life is too short. Frog those projects you don’t enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty top, it looks great and the colour suits you well. Definitely frog anything that is draining and not fun, everyone tweaks their lists during the year. The handspun looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your sweater looks amazing! I agree that life is too short to work on projects that don't speak to us. I just frogged the fingerless gansey wristers that were almost finished. I only want to work on projects that give me pleasure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your sweater looks brilliant on you and that colour is great. I am totally up for frogging projects that don't bring joy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bowls With Boarders!

W.I.P October 13