Sicily Starts?

I just got this new pattern: Sicily. I have a bunch of dk yarn (from when Sunflower went out of business). I'm thinking about doing a gauge swatch today or tomorrow. I'll need to figure out needle size and get a feel for how it knits up and if I'll like it. I can't wait to start a new sweater project.

Question I just posted to Ravelry:

Okay - here is my question. I got my yarn out, super excited to start this project, and I’m having a very hard time getting gauge.

I’m using Rowan Yorkshire Tweed DK. I’ve gone all the way down to a size 4 needle (which is INSANELY tight) and I’m still only getting 5 sts per inch.

Can anyone help me? I bet if I go to a size 2 or 3 I might get close. But, at that point the sweater wont even move. It will be like concrete.

Thoughts?

Comments

  1. 1) I want the pattern and 2) what about scaling the pattern to your gauge on the size 5 or 6 needles (if it is tight enough)? So, if you would normally make a size medium, make an extra small (or do a ratio).

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Bowls With Boarders!

Weeks 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 and 26

W.I.P October 13