Sunday, July 21, 2013

F.O. Goodale Sweater

I have always wanted to do a project from Winged Knits and this is the first one.  Goodale looked like a nice summer sweater and I decided to use some new stash yarn from Julie Spins for it.



Project Details:  Started on June 19th and finished on July 18th.  Of course I had a lot of other projects going - but I did work pretty hard on this.  Size 7 US needles and 3 skeins of Julie Spins MCN 250.  Her hand dyed yarn didn't pool in any way or look strange.  As a matter of fact I like the hand dyed look.  I'm thinking this might be perfect over a dress this week.  I decided to make size 38 (which is larger than I normally wear) just to have this be loose and baggy.  I think it made the sleeves a bit too large - but I can test blocking that out.  I also only put one button and the icord for that I did with a simple cast on and cast off.  Other than that I wish it was a tiny bit longer.  If I were to do this again I would knit maybe an extra inch or two for the body.  I do love the pockets.

2 comments:

  1. Your summer sweater is stunning, and the colours in the yarn is made for it. It turned out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw a couple of versions of these at a recent retreat. It definitely goes in the queue. I love this color!

    ReplyDelete